Thread: Hydrus filter valves

Lazy Days is offline Junior Member

Default Hydrus filter valves

Anybody ever used a Hydrus H121XX commercial series filter valve in their home? They seem rather large (2).
    I was just wondering how DIY friendly they were. They were pretty cheap at a surplus place I found. ($85)

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Do you mean?:
    http://www.hydrus.com/pdfs/HydrusVal...anual12225.pdf

This is an industrial unit in a simplex, duplex or triplex configurations. Not many homes can find a need for won with this capacities.

Would be interested to know where this surplus place is.

Lazy Days is offline Junior Member

Andy,

There is an industrial site that I found that specializes in commercial inventory recovery in Illinois. I purchased Purolite SST-60 resin, Clack Birm & garnet from them at about half the cost I could get it locally. I have been dealing with Nancy Gleasman over there. She has been great to me considering I am a homeowner/DIYer. They have a nice technical library on line as well. Most of the stuff they have is the size of my car, but they do have some smaller stuff like resin, tanks, clack fittings and tank parts. The SST-60 resin is what I loaded in both my Kinetico model 100’s that you helped me with late last year.

I found the Hydrus multi-tank valve under tank head controllers. They had some Autotrol & Erie valves as well. I did my research based on price, some of the valves they have listed were nearly a grand. The link you posted for the tech manual is the same one I have been using. I would buy a couple of these valves to fool around with except the cost of a couple of tanks with a 4” hole in them would far exceed my fun money budget. I think the start next feature is a great idea. I may work on something like that for my system this summer, or at least some type of passive regen lockout system. I do not have adequate water to backwash more than one filter at a time.

Andy, what can you tell me about Fleck 7000 valves?
    Last edited by rscardigno; 06-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.