Thread: Problem with softener

jraach is offline Junior Member

Default Problem with softener

I have a Kinetico softener, I know that I need an inline filter system that I will be ordering soon. My problem now is that my salt tank filled with water and didnt empty. I cleaned all the salt out then cleaned the tank and filled it full of salt again. Now the salt tank will not fill with water. My black units must have some sand or something that will not allow the water to flow correctly. I usually have someone come out, they spend 10 minutes with my softener and then it works fine. But that is right around $100-$150. Does anyone know what they do and how I can do it myself??? I know the inline filter will probably stop this from happening in the future. Thanks

Joe

Lazy Days is offline Junior Member

I guess is you will be waiting for an answer from Andy. My older unit has a small screen tucked in the brine line elbow at the control head. It is there to screen out junk drawn in from the brine tank. Keep in mind this line is under pressure so make sure you turn off the water.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

In the brine tank is a tube with a float mechanism that allows water to enter and exit. It also opens and shuts with water levels. There may be something blocking it. It can be removed and cleaned.

How old is your system?

It can be removed and cleaned. I will try that. My system is a few (maybe 5)years old. I will look for a model number, if that will help. Thanks!

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Be careful not to accidentally move the float as you are pulling it out or pushing it in.

I may have moved the float. Can I just slide it back were I think it was?

Smile

After cleaning the float unit yesterday and putting everything back together like It was, my tank with salt was noted to be full of water this morning. I am hoping that everything is ok at this point. Thanks for all of the help.