Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set up Flex Model 5600 Econominder watersoftner

Tony Fil is offline Junior Member

Default Set up Flex Model 5600 Econominder watersoftner

I have a Flex Model 5600 Econominder watersoftner and I just installed it, and need help in setting it up for 1 person @60 gallons per day.

The meter has setting for Manual 24-Hour Gear, White Dot, Red Time, Regeneration Knob, Set Button, Gallons Label, Program Wheel, People Dial, Grains per Gallon, Water Hardness and Salt dial on back of meter.
    I need the settings for all of these, and how to do them. I have all books but unable to follow them.

#1, Resin tank size is 28"x48"
    #2, Brine tank size is 18"x33"
    #3, 17.4 grains per gallon water hardness 298 million in Las Vegas, Nev.

Thank you, Tony Fil.
    Last edited by Tony Fil; 02-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.

biermech is offline Junior Member

Set the salt cam for 8 lbs and the meter wheel for 1100 gal.

It is already set at that. how about the other settings like pepole etc. etc.
    does drain tube supposed to hold water in it when finished draining, drain is not blocked ??

The drain line should not hold water unless it has to go up hill. If it does, it will not hurt the unit. The only other setting is the time of day. Don't worry about the number of people, Gall cout is the quickest way to set it.

hello again, i filled the brine tank with 2 gallons of water and 1 40lb bag of pellet salt to start it. Resin tank size is 9"x48"
    Brine tank size is 18"x33" that left about an 1" of water over it. after the resurge
    there was about another 3" of water added to the tank is that the way it should be?Or should i add more salt so that it covers all the water?

Did you notice a white plate in the bottom of the brine tank? That is a grid plate used to keep the salt off the bottom. The unit will put the required amount of water in the salt tank. You may want to regen the unit again. Watch to see if the water level goes down (brine draw) then raises at the end of the cycle (brine fill).

no grid plate came with it. after i regen how log will it take to through the cycle again?

If it is set for every 1100 gallons, figure 60 gal per person per day usage. That will tell you day between regens.

ok thank you i will see how that works.

I'm still a little confused about brine tank water level.
    1. Do I need the grid plate?
    2. I did a regen, water level is still above salt pellets about 3". is that ok?
    3. As I said in the begining I added 2 gallons of water to the brine tank first then 40# of salt was that ok?
    4. Do I need to add more salt to cover the 3" of water ?
    5. If I put in a grid plate it seems to me that would solve the water from being over the salt is that correct?

A salt grid is not going to make the unit work better so you really don't have to buy one. As far as the water level, with only 40lb of salt the water will be above the salt. As long as the water level stays about the same after each regen, then it sounds as though the unit is working fine. I tell my customers that when the salt gets below the water level, it time to add salt.

So that means i would need to add at least another 40lb bag or more to be above the water level is that correct?

Yes. The water level should be about 12-15" from the bottom. A 40 lb bag of salt would only be about 10".

thank you I will follow you advice.....

Default start over on new intall Flex5600 Econominder

[I have a Flex Model 5600 Econominder watersoftner and I just installed it, and need help in setting it up for 1 person @60 gallons per day.

The meter has setting for Manual 24-Hour Gear, White Dot, Red Time, Regeneration Knob, Set Button, Gallons Label, Program Wheel, People Dial, Grains per Gallon, Water Hardness and Salt dial on back of meter.
    I need the settings for all of these, and how to do them. I have all books but unable to follow them.

#1, Resin tank size is 28"x48"
    #2, Brine tank size is 18"x33"
    #3, 17.4 grains per gallon water hardness 298 million in Las Vegas, Nev.

It has a new grid plate. It is set at #6 on the back dial already.
    when seting the dial for # of people and hardness 1 person and hardness 17.4 the number of gallons dial moves as well. How do you adjust these for gult and 1 person and hardness separtly.

When you say the resin tank is 28" do you mean around? Resin tanks are normally sized by the diamter on the tank. I suspect you have a 9x48" tank which is a 1 cubic foot unit. If it is, set the unit for 975 gallons. To do this, pull the clear plastic wheel on the meter and turn the numbers to lign up with the white dot.

Yes around is 28" and 9" across is right.
    If I set the unit gallons to 975 it changes the 1 person and hardness to 27 dose that matter or not.
    why can't you set the gallons correct and the 1 person & hardness correct. it seems like either way one doesn't count.

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

You have a 1.0 cubic foot unit with a max cap of 32k, is that correct?

If you are using 8 lbs of salt , cap of 20k
    20k/18grains=1100 gallons
    back off a day or 2 use the meter should be around 950... never mind the people count on that wheel.
    Send a pm if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
    You have a 1.0 cubic foot unit with a max cap of 32k, is that correct?

If you are using 8 lbs of salt , cap of 20k
    20k/18grains=1100 gallons
    back off a day or 2 use the meter should be around 950... never mind the people count on that wheel.
    Send a pm if you would like.
    Yes I have a 1.0 cubic foot unit with a max cap of 32k that is correct..
    The little salt dial on the back of the unit is set to #6 and is ok for 1 person with 60 gallions per day.
    I'm a 74 yr old person and don't use that much water per day.So what you'er saying is to set the white dot on 950 gallions and that is all I need to do to have the correct settings, and forget the people setting, is that correct?

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

Yes.
    For the next few weeks if you would like check the meter count once a day at the same time , after a week or so of checking you should have an idea as to how your usage is going.. there is no right or wrong answer for daily usage, just YOUR usage.
    If the water is soft for say 10 days and then it starts to get a bit hard and you look at the meter and there is 150gallons left, change the 950 to 800..

Clear as mud?
    mid 70's math teacher used that when I was in school....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast