Thread: Autotrol 460i - flow is not blinking

jayhawker22 is offline Junior Member

Default Autotrol 460i - flow is not blinking

I acquired a used 460i system. Followed the directions and installed it.
    When I manually recharge, it seems to work properly. Water goes down, then comes back up in the brine tank, etc.
    But, I have a couple of questions:
    1) The flow light does not blink when water is flowing. I see the drawing in the manual to take the turbine out and clean it, but that drawing doesn't make sense to me. Does someone have a better picture that I can look at?
    2) Since the system had been sitting in a shed, should I be concerned about "stuff" living in the tank, or is a good backwash be sufficient?

Thanks for the help.

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

The turbine is like that of a jet engine, like the one that we see a person standing in the intake?
    Any way there are blades that the water turns and there could be one or two magnates that will pass over a sensor that then goes to the control.
    On the side where the turbine is at , just undo the bypass handle and remove the two parts and pull out the turbine(remember how you pull it out so that you can put it back in the way you pulled it out) make sure that the turbine spines free... and replace.
    If it spines and there look to be magnates on one side and the cable is good there might be a lose connection on the board where that cable hooks to.. or the board could be going bad.

If you are a little concerned about the bugs that might get into the brine tank, just through in a cup of bleach once a quarter.

jayhawker22 is offline Junior Member

Thanks. I did find it. The picture didn't make sense to me, because I had the wrong manual... My valve is a 255 and the manual showed a 268.
    I found it and cleaned the magnets. The turbine spins free, but still the light still does not blink. Now, I notice that the brine tank gets more and more full of water. I see it draw some from the tank, but apparently it quits too soon. ?

Since it is used, and I am not sure of the condition anyway... instead of throwing parts at it, I will just find a new Fleck. Thank you very much for the help, though. I appreciate it.