Thread: What type of salt

alan_1708 is offline Junior Member

Default What type of salt

Hello everybody,
    In the next days I'm gonna buy a cc-206-c kinetico. According to the manufacturer this kinetico uses salt in blocks. The point is that a supplier can give me good salt with a very good price but NOT in blocks. I have talked with the technicians and they have told me that use another type of salt is not a problem, it's only a thing of volume. I mean that if I filled the salt container with salt in blocks I'll will need to refilled the container later but If I not use salt in blocks I will need to refilled the container before. (For example: I need to refilled the container with 10 kg of salt in blocks every 2 months with normal salt every 1 month and a half)
    I don't know another word to say "normal salt" but this salt is in small round blocks.
    What do you think about this?

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

Water can only hold on to so much salt and no more.
    One can only get just under 3lbs per 1 gallon of water.

On a twin softener salt usage is based on water usage.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator
    Port Clinton, Ohio, United States

The salt block recommendations are little more than a convenience in loading the salt portion of the unit. That unit's salt tank is quite small and pouring salt pellets in from bags is a little more awkward and messy.

I would buy a strong scoop and use it to take salt from the bag and into the softener. Use only a high quality salt: avoid rock-salt and solar-salt types.