Thread: kinetico model 100 used, should I

grover is offline Junior Member

Default kinetico model 100 used, should I

i came accross a Kinetico model 100 for $500. it is 5 years old and hasn't been used in 4 years. my questions are: is there things i should do to prep this to get it ready to use, once installed is it easy to set-up and should i just stay away from this and buy new thanks for your help

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

ask for a resin sample. have it examined by a lab with a microscope to make sure it's in good shape. If it's not then you'll put another $500 (easily) into rebedding it. That's assuming the gears and valves inside the head are good to go. I wouldn't give $500 for it personally because I know the risks involved (then again I could rebuild it pretty cheaply on my own) but feel free to give it a go if you are confident it's in working order and will serve you well for years to come.

grover is offline Junior Member

Default bought it

thanks for the advise. Bought it yesterday. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Unless it was abused (dropped/frozen, etc.) it should work perfectly. The resins would need to be manually regenerated a couple of times and sanitized as resins that sit for long periods of time can be slightly off in color and odor.

It should be a model MACH 2100s not a 100. if it is a 100 then it is more than 5 years old. How big are the in/out ports, 1" or 1.5"?

what are your water conditions? CVhances are it should work for your water depending on water tests results. What are they? Salt and metering settings will need to be changed or it won't work well and may be wasteful.