Thread: What material is in the canister?

turkeyshooter is offline Junior Member

Question What material is in the canister?

I recently took apart & cleaned all the parts to my whirlpool salt brine filter. It has a canister in it that looks like an oxygen tank. It was clogged up pretty good so I emptied it out. It has some type of filter material in the tank that looks like tiny beads that are coffee colored. Can anyone tell me what the material is and how much to replace in that canister? Thanks in advance. It is a Whirlpool Model WHES30 and looks like some type of carbon resin.
    Last edited by turkeyshooter; 12-31-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

This is a Softener right?
    Resin comes in a few different colors depending on the maker of the resin and which die they used to color the resin.
    Call Whirlpool and give them the model and they will tell you how much resin you need to refill the unit.

turkeyshooter is offline Junior Member

Thanks, but where do you get the resin?

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

They could sell it to you or there are any number of on line sites that could sell the resin, the key is how much, and that information can be found through Whirlpool.

rjh2o is offline Junior Member

Go buy a new softener! You just cost yourself a lot of money by not researching the system, how it works, why it,s not working and how to repair it!
    RJ