Thread: Autotrol 255 brine tank question

bbeverly is offline Junior Member

Default Autotrol 255 brine tank question

I just serviced my Autotrol 255/460i. Replaced injector, flappers, filter, etc. and cleaned out the brine tank. I filled the brine tank with water to about an inch over the salt platform, then put salt in. I now notice that when the system regenerates, the brine is liquid is drawn down to the screen at the bottom of the tube, then air is introduced into the system and the air check valve ball then goes to the bottom of the air check. In other terms, my brine tank runs out of brine mix prior to the end of the brine/slow rinse cycle. Is this standard procedure or should I introduce more water into the brine tank?

Thanks for your help!!!
    Last edited by bbeverly; 01-11-2012 at 11:47 AM.

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

Should be fine. Depending on the salt setting this may be normal. Let me ask you this....is the water soft coming out and consistently so?

I just did the service so it's too early to tell. So far, the water is now soft and everything appears to be fine and working normally. If that proves not to be the case in the next few weeks, would you put more water in the brine tank?

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

Nope. The only time it would have been an issue was the first time it cycled after you manually filled it with water. If you had put too little water in it may have affected it until it cycled the second time. The unit will fill it to the amount needed at the end of each cycle.

Thanks for your help pawaterguy!!!

intruder217 is offline Junior Member

I have a similar situation where the brine tank slowly gains water with each cycle. Seems that it always adds more water back in than it takes out. Its an Autotrol 255, I have replaced the valves, screens etc. It draws brine efficiently. Unsure on how to set/reset the salt setting?