Thread: Thoughts on a system

orlndfire is offline Junior Member

Default Thoughts on a system

Thoughts on 2 kinetico systems 2060 or 4040. I am on city water with a harness of 12 to 17 grains which tested at 13 grains today. Waiting on a lab to return my test. I will be installing a 1.5 cubic carbon filter on the system. The 2060 with k5 ro for 450 or the 4040 for about 600. Also the dealer near me isnt very helpful how hard is it to get the setting gears. Or would i be better off going with a different system

steve is offline Junior Member

my hardness was 12 GPG and my 40K water softener resolved that issue and I am now measuring 0.0 hardness. I had very high iron and once used softener as iron filter "BIG NO, NO".. never use a softener as a iron filter, will foul the resin over time.. Not sure if this helped but always like to share my story for anyone else that may be reading,. O yea, did I mentioned, with over 10-PPM of Iron, the 10" Therminox filter resolved the issue and now reading 0.0 on iron as well.. my water is KING, "perfect".. !! :-)
    Steve from Bahama NC

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by orlndfire View Post
    Thoughts on 2 kinetico systems 2060 or 4040. I am on city water with a harness of 12 to 17 grains which tested at 13 grains today. Waiting on a lab to return my test. I will be installing a 1.5 cubic carbon filter on the system. The 2060 with k5 ro for 450 or the 4040 for about 600. Also the dealer near me isnt very helpful how hard is it to get the setting gears. Or would i be better off going with a different system
    Unless you need high flow rates I would get what used to be the 2040 and is now the S650 (I think). It's the small twin tank. Uses much less salt and water which helps with townwater bills. A little more up front than a 2060 but very much worth it long term. Carbon unit, filter, softener followed with RO for drinking water and you have the perfect system. Just make sure it's chlorine being used as a disinfectant in the water and not chloramines. It changes what type of carbon and unit size you need to use. Hope that helps.