Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sudden clay like sediment in well water

Driller1 is offline Senior Member

That mud should be long gone. There is gray clay. We drill thought it all the time. My guess it is coming from the open hole.

I wish I could look at a well log on this.
    Last edited by Driller1; 05-18-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

NH Master is offline Senior Member

Well for starters it gets into the impellers and the pump screen from there it gets into the tank and the line to the pressure switch. It is abrasive and will wear the impellers and volutes in the pump. Been there, seen that.

As far as what I know about well drilling, I am not a driller but in 36 years of service and installation I have been around an awful lot of them. I have a pump installers license also. Furthermore, I would not give advice that I had no experience with.
    Last edited by NH Master; 05-18-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Master
    Well for starters it gets into the impellers and the pump screen from there it gets into the tank and the line to the pressure switch. It is abrasive and will wear the impellers and volutes in the pump. Been there, seen that.
    Yes, I agree. The well needs fixed.

TnAKluck@msn.com is offline Junior Member

what is a well log. by the way running clear still with the filter and the softener and iron/sulpfur remover. We are having not so good pressure in the upstairs of the house., It sounds almost like there is air in the lines. Low flow then okay flow and sometimes when we flush it sounds like a monster is in the toilet. Also low flow on the outside hose. Maybe there is a problem with our water treatment system..we are going to try to bypass the filter and see if that is the problem and if not try bypassing the softening/iron/sulphur equipment to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TnAKluck@msn.com
    what is a well log. by the way running clear still with the filter and the softener and iron/sulpfur remover. We are having not so good pressure in the upstairs of the house., It sounds almost like there is air in the lines. Low flow then okay flow and sometimes when we flush it sounds like a monster is in the toilet. Also low flow on the outside hose. Maybe there is a problem with our water treatment system..we are going to try to bypass the filter and see if that is the problem and if not try bypassing the softening/iron/sulphur equipment to see what happens.
    On your pressure tank there should be a tap. See what you are getting there. After you let it run about 10 minutes. It likely is plugged up from before.

A well log is a record of your well. Talk to your health department and see if they have one. Also tell them what is happening. Maybe others in the area have had similar problems.

Would you mind telling us your state and county??
    Last edited by Driller1; 05-18-2010 at 12:07 PM.

TnAKluck@msn.com is offline Junior Member

Thanks, I will tell my husband. We are in Orange County, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TnAKluck@msn.com
    Thanks, I will tell my husband. We are in Orange County, NY
    http://www.health.state.ny.us/enviro...ntacts_map.htm

There is a lot of information on the state web page.

These are links to your health department.

HitmanNumber86 is offline Junior Member

I just had this same issue. Ran the water from the hose for 48 hours. Water's running clean for 24 hours with some manganese stirred up. Filters should take care of it.

Can't really afford anything right now, so this really helped. Here's hoping it doesn't come back. I'll find the well log, but it looks like it should be fine.

Thanks guys. You do people a great service.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234