Thread: Chloramine in Water

Default Chloramine in Water

I have a Doulton Filtration System with a ceramic filter and I was wondering if it removed Chloramine from the water.

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Chloramine

Quote Originally Posted by FiltersFastEmailQuestions
    I have a Doulton Filtration System with a ceramic filter and I was wondering if it removed Chloramine from the water.
    Chloramine is usually removed by passing through activated carbon, BUT it requires much more contact time with the carbon than chlorine does. So while some of the Doulton Cartridges such as the ones we carry, SuperSterasyl, UltraCarb, and Sterasyl, contain activated carbon media they are not likely to remove all or even most of the chloramine in your water. To remove chloramine there would need to be more activated carbon media and a filter constructed specifically to allow that contact time needed to remove the chloramine.

FiltersFast does offer some cartridges specifically designed to remove chloramine from your water. Here are these products:

CGAC-10
    Chlorplus 10
    CB3
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Chloramine sanitation are an ever increasing attempt of municipalities to assure the public of potable water. Water treatment is very complex and can cause some unfortunate side effects.

Improving water quality in the home for our personal use can be daunting and rarely cheap and/or easy. Understanding a long series of analyses and possible methods of treatment can be difficult and easily misunderstood.

Below are a couple of articles concerning chloramine treatment and the hurdles one must jump to 'reduce' it.

http://www.watertechonline.com/artic...ndexID=5220514

I hope this helps.
    Andy Christensen
    Last edited by rscardigno; 03-26-2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: removed outside retail link