Thread: water monitoring kits

presso is offline Junior Member

Default water monitoring kits

Hello,

I'm a student in BGU university and i'm doing a project about water monitoring kits.

I wondered if you can help me, I am looking for limitations of different water monitoring kits/test, and when you might recieve a not definite answer?

Korymcn is offline Junior Member

There are different parameters for each kit/test that will test a wide range of different contaminants/ bacteria for water quality. Is there a particular contaminate that you are looking to test?

Default question

Hi,

Thank you for your respondance.
    I am looking for limitations in water kits that checks the presence of arsene or coliforms in the water.
    Are there cases in which you check for presence of a coaminant and you don't recieve any answer?
    Or cases in which you recieve a false positive/negitive because presence of another contaminant?
    Thank you!
    Or

Hello,
    Did you mean to say arsenic in water? When it comes to test kits, there are generally no limitations. The test will just say if there is a presence of any bacteria/contaminant or not. Test kits like this (http://www.filtersfast.com/SenSafe-A...ilter-Test.asp) are specifically designed to test for certain contaminants and will test for it without the limitations. Personally, I am not aware of any cases where you would not receive an answer after you check for the presence of a contaminant. If there is nothing present in the water then it would say "0". If there is something then it would show up in the test. I am also not aware of any cases where you would receive a false positive/negative because of the presence of another contaminant. That shouldn't ever happen when testing for the presence of a contaminant in your water. Hope that helps out.

Default thank you very much

For your help

No worries. I hope everything worked well.