Thread: Stains in Our Clothes!

VernaLee is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Stains in Our Clothes!

It's really a big problem! It's kind of rusty looking water coming out in our faucet. The water comes from a treatment plant and we are responsible to pay for it. But if this is the outcome, stains in our clothes and sink, there might be some problem. And I don't have any idea what to do.

Is there a need for another water filter? Badly needed a suggestions right now! Thanks in advance!

steve is offline Junior Member

as any of the techs will tell you,,"TEST" is the only way to know what you are dealing with and what you are trying to solve. Any other direction is a shot in the dark. You also must benchmark & test to assure what you did worked. So test then ask what can be done. any test kit from LOWES / HOEMDEPOT etc.. will serve for enough insight as to your water condition. I am by far--certainly not a water expert, but feel I am becoming one, like it or not.. :-)

VernaLee is offline Junior Member

With these advices, no doubt you're really an expert! :-) I'll surely follow your ideas. Thanks Steve!

you are very welcome, I always say learn to test your own water,, unless you are dealing with a unknown substance, most test kits can get you in the area of what needs to be done. I once took my water, "prior to being cleaned up" to a pool place where the "young" tech told me we did not have an iron problem, and I know with my own testing, I was way above > 8-PPM of iron, and he said I had no trace of iron. That told me right there what I had to do, to assure good honest result, "do it yourself".. never fails... I then was able to treat what I had not what I was being told.. So many techs are salesmen first, then helpful after you buy something, that is how they make their money, "certainly" not by helping you for free.. not a lot of profit there... so be smart about what you are told, and I say verify either with other people testing it or test it yourself, always works!!
    Steve / BAHAMA NC,

Hello from Bahama,,
    with water coming from treatment plant I have to 2nd guess the quality delivered as you have described. I would want to bring that to their attention if that helps at all. I also would like to be sure the problem is not originating at your location. Is your (whole house)-- pre-filter the first item the incoming water from plant flows through? If that is the case, I say you have a good collection point of the debris. If not, I would like to see that filter the first thing in-line to incoming water. If you have good incoming pressure you may can use a 2 Micron filter cartridge, that will catch a large portion of any debris. If the problem persist, you may have to go to a more robust filter that does back wash etc.. I am sure someone on here has a filter that does that and that should stop debris / matter from building up so quick. I also would like to know the quality of the water you are getting, "have you tested it in any way"??.. test fist, then as questions is always good input!