Thread: Bigger Micron Needed?

Default Bigger Micron Needed?

I was wondering what I could use to filter my water coming into my house. I have a well which has a lot os sediment in it, it comes in like mud, I have a 50 micron filter on it before my water treatment system, because it kept plugging off the filter in the treatment tank. This works fine but I have to change the filter every week or so. My Question is is there a filter which has a 100 micron filter or a self cleaning filter available. Your Response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Roxanne is offline Senior Member

Default Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by FiltersFastEmailQuestions
    I was wondering what I could use to filter my water coming into my house. I have a well which has a lot os sediment in it, it comes in like mud, I have a 50 micron filter on it before my water treatment system, because it kept plugging off the filter in the treatment tank. This works fine but I have to change the filter every week or so. My Question is is there a filter which has a 100 micron filter or a self cleaning filter available. Your Response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Hi Larry,

A few things. How big is the 50 micron filter you are using? Is it 10 inches or 20 inches long? Also, are you changing it when it looks dirty or when you experience a decrease in water pressure?

If you're changing it when it looks dirty you're probably not getting the most out of the filter. I would suggest only changing the filter when you experience a decrease in pressure.

We have a filter that is both 75 micron and 25 micron built into one filter. It's called a dual gradient filter. It's available in a 20" long cartridge which would also allow for higher flow rates. You may want to try this filter. Here is a link to it below on our website.

20" version: http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-DG...ent-filter.asp
    10" version: http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-DG...er-filters.asp
    Roxanne Crawford
    FiltersFast
    www.filtersfast.com
    866-438-3458