Thread: Amtek/Pentek C-1 Cartridge

TrueGreen is offline Junior Member

Default Amtek/Pentek C-1 Cartridge

I used the above cartridge in a whole house filter and after 1 1/2 -2 weeks water pressure dropped and I had to replace it with a plain sediment filter (5 microns, 5gpm flow rate). I also used another filter made by aqua-pure (APS 117) and the same thing happened. Both filters are 5 microns, C-1 flow rate is 5gpm, APS117 flow rate is 3gpm). My water seems to be very dirty. Am I correct in assuming that the carbon filters clog easily? My whole house filter is an Aqua-Pure AP 11T. Could you suggest a filter that removes, sediment, rust and chlorine for this unit. Thanks.

TrueGreen is offline Junior Member

To add to the above. I have an aqua-pure AP 11T whole house filter (takes 9 3/4 x 2 5/8 filter cartridge). We have town water that comes from wells and have had recent problems with large amounts of rust and sediment in the water. (The Town is unsure of what is causing the problem). Chlorine is not much of a problem, but would like to reduce it. For the whole house filter which would you suggest, the Pentek ECP5-10, which I've been trying for a few days now or the Ametek PD-5-934. I don't have room for pre and post filters so am thinking of putting an undersink filter to be used with existing faucet, (Pentek 158110) due to limited space, and a carbon cartridge (Pentek C2). Would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks