Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clack Dumps Internet Dealers

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser
    Yeah that's what I thought; unsubstantiated claims.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

NH Master is offline Senior Member

I sure can rent a shed or three or a gas station etc.. I've got all that other stuff figured out already with one exception, that is IF I want to do it.
    That is kind of a big if because it pretty much means going back into business again which I assume, that since you spend a lot of time touring the country, you probably don't want to have to do and I don't blame you there. I do honestly hope that Clack will decide to allow select dealers to continue. As I have said before, though we hardly ever agree on things, there is a lot of evidence that you have treated your customers fairly and it's not you or your customers giving Clack problems. Best of luck. I have mailed Clack in opposition to their decision.

Gary Slusser is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NH Master
    That is kind of a big if because it pretty much means going back into business again which I assume, that since you spend a lot of time touring the country, you probably don't want to have to do and I don't blame you there. I do honestly hope that Clack will decide to allow select dealers to continue. As I have said before, though we hardly ever agree on things, there is a lot of evidence that you have treated your customers fairly and it's not you or your customers giving Clack problems. Best of luck. I have mailed Clack in opposition to their decision.
    Now that I've figered out how to sell Gary's Best softener 'locally', well, I might as well rent the winter/summer sheds just for the fun of it. And to poke back some at corporate ignorance and whinny local dealers too.

No Clack won't back off this decision this time until they lose enough valve business and that will probably take a year or two.

somedumbname is offline Junior Member

Clack is doing what is best for Clack and it's internal numbers undoubtedly prove that to them or they wouldn't have made this decision.

This is not the first time parasites, leeches, and whores drove a company to clean up its distribution and it won't be the last.

When your close is I'm smart and EVERYONE else is stupid...

When you bully and demean and insult and lie...

When you tell the manufacturer "I can do whatever I want to with "The Valve" once I have bought it"...

When you $hit where you eat... your food will taste like it.

Now, if Fleck would cut Gary off that would be justice.
    Last edited by somedumbname; 06-09-2010 at 04:57 PM.

I may have had my issues with Gary, but issues aside I have no doubt that he does a very good job of servicing his customers. A quick Google check of either his name or his company pretty much affirms that

I may have had my issues with Gary, but issues aside I have no doubt that he does a very good job of servicing his customers. A quick Google check of either his name or his company pretty much affirms that
    Your no doubt is based on your assumption from a Google search while there are those, and I am among them, who were customers of Gary's and have real experience, good and bad, not unsubstantiated assumption based on a Google search.

The content of my post is 100% accurate word by word.

There is a lot more to the Clack story and a lot more to Gary than you know.
    Last edited by somedumbname; 06-09-2010 at 07:21 PM.

well, maybe so. I don't know and to be honest, don't really care. It appears that Clack is going to follow through with their policy and that will most likely be the end of it. I have never had a problem with anyone selling anything on the internet. Hell, there's not much out there that is not available. It has always boiled down to " buyer beware" and that's true whether you buy online or not. Myself, I have no desire to deal with online sales. We are plenty busy without the hassle of trying to do long distance troubleshooting or warranty issues. I do however have a problem with anyone diy'ing without getting the proper permits and making sure that the piping, both supply and drainage meets local and state codes. I have seen too many horror shows over the years. The opportunity to create a dangerous back flow situation is always present when you don't understand what you are doing.

Driller1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbname
    Your no doubt is based on your assumption from a Google search.

There are those, and I am among them, who were customers of Gary's and have real experience... not unsubstantiated assumption based on a Google search.

There is a lot more to this Clack story and a lot more to Gary than you know.
    You have my attention....
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

I do however have a problem with anyone diy'ing without getting the proper permits and making sure that the piping, both supply and drainage meets local and state codes. I have seen too many horror shows over the years. The opportunity to create a dangerous back flow situation is always present when you don't understand what you are doing.
    Then you have a problem with one internet seller who encourages DIYers to blow off permits and inspections railing that anyone can solder even old ladies in their 90s. That seller doesn't instruct ignorant DIYers what an air gap is, how to fabricate one, that an air gap is code required and why. Did that come up when you Googled Gary or his company?

Unfortunately, because you are a junior member I can not PM you, nor you me. I suspect there is more here than meets the eye. I note that you have also posted on another forum, looking for advice on water softening equipment. Gary, is Gary. baiting him into an argument is a pretty easy thing to do but in deference to the forum owner and the moderators I don't think that the forums are the place to address your issues. And yes, I have spent many a wasted hour trying to get my opinions concerning illegal plumbing, plumbing done by incompetent individuals and the general amount of mis-information and just plain stupidity that is all too present on most DIY forums across. But, its spitting into the wind. This problem has been ongoing for over a hundred years. Plumbers were railing against the sale of plumbing materials to unlicensed individuals as early as 1867. We couldn't stop it then and we won't stop it now. As long as there are DIY forums, the internet, Home Depot and Lowes and god knows how many other outlets. As fro Gary though, It's best to let it be. He probably will not be able to sell Clack equipment and maybe Fleck will follow suit, but there will always be a way around and I'm pretty sure that he will find some product to his liking to sell.

I note that you have also posted on another forum, looking for advice on water softening equipment.
    That's not me... it's a different poster with the same handle.

Driller1 is offline Senior Member

That's not me... it's a different poster with the same handle.
    Was this you that posted on Rip Off...just wondering.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/home-imp...-ass-a8bab.htm
    Trying to help people NOT get cheated ON THE NET.

Clack is doing what is best for Clack and it's internal numbers undoubtedly prove that to them or they wouldn't have made this decision.
    They underestimated by half how many 'valves' were being sold online. They said 300-400, one distributor is selling all but 300 by actual count and that was after going through only 70% of their dealers. Clack has no way to tell how many valves are sold online unless their OEMs do an actual count of their internet dealers sales and they must do that by hand/manually. And Clack agreed that is the only way to know. I know because they told me by phone and emails. How do you know what you are talking about?

This is not the first time parasites, leeches, and whores drove a company to clean up its distribution and it won't be the last.
    Name us another water treatment equipment manufacturer that has shut off internet dealers.

When your close is I'm smart and EVERYONE else is stupid...

When you bully and demean and insult and lie...
    Please, describe what you are talking about and tell us what I lie(d) about.

When you tell the manufacturer "I can do whatever I want to with "The Valve" once I have bought it"...
    Yes I sound weird huh, I buy something and I stupidly think I can do with it whatever I want to!!! Like sell it to someone or give it away or bust it with a hammer in the town square.

When you $hit where you eat... your food will taste like it.
    I guess that's why you've decided to be anonymous and hide you identity.

Now, if Fleck would cut Gary off that would be justice.
    Justice for what? BTW, if I were the cause of Clack's decision, I would think it smart of them to SHUT ME DOWN and not all internet dealers. And if they had enforced the contract all their OEM/distributors signed over the last 10 years, they wouldn't be shutting down all internet dealers.

I see in another reply (above this) that you say you were a customer of mine. Prove it and then describe your problem and what you and I have or haven't done about it.

They underestimated by half how many 'valves' were being sold online. They said 300-400, one distributor is selling all but 300 by actual count and that was after going through only 70% of their dealers. Clack has no way to tell how many valves are sold online unless their OEMs do an actual count of their internet dealers sales and they must do that by hand/manually. And Clack agreed that is the only way to know. I know because they told me by phone and emails. How do you know what you are talking about?
    Both Clack and your distributor told you what they wanted you to hear, nothing more.

Name us another water treatment equipment manufacturer that has shut off internet dealers.
    I said "This is not the first time parasites, leeches, and whores drove a company to clean up its distribution and it won't be the last".

I did not limit my comment a specific company or industry. You read what you want to see instead of what was actually posted and then pick a fight based on your illusions.

Please, describe what you are talking about and tell us what I lie(d) about.
    You're not disputing bully, demean, or insult only lie. Your therapist will be pleased with your progress.

Your posts all over the internet, including in all the forums you've been banned from, are out there for all to read.

In your reply you used the word please... did you choke on it as you typed it?

Yes I sound weird huh...
    Always have always will.

I guess that's why you've decided to be anonymous and hide you identity.
    I'm in the Gary Slusser Customer Protection Program.

Justice for what? BTW, if I were the cause of Clack's decision, I would think it smart of them to SHUT ME DOWN and not all internet dealers. And if they had enforced the contract all their OEM/distributors signed over the last 10 years, they wouldn't be shutting down all internet dealers.
    Justice, karma, fate... look it up.

I don't presume to speak for Clack or anyone else as you do.

I see in another reply (above this) that you say you were a customer of mine. Prove it and then describe your problem and what you and I have or haven't done about it.
    The problem is/was you.
    Last edited by somedumbname; 06-10-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Your no doubt is based on your assumption from a Google search while there are those, and I am among them, who were customers of Gary's and have real experience, good and bad, not unsubstantiated assumption based on a Google search.

There is a lot more to the Clack story and a lot more to Gary than you know.
    And yet so far you are nothing more than an anonymous person with a personal attack agenda.

So far you've not shown any proof of your claims and no examples of you or other customers of mine with a complaint against me, or shown any courage to do more than make these anonymous claims.

How about posting or PMing or emailing me the links to your and the other customers complaints you claim. For over 5 years I have had Google Alerts set for my and my company name and Google (and I) can't find any of my customers complaining.

Hows'bout you simply state who you are and what your equipment problems are and what you and/or I did or didn't do about them?

And yet so far you are nothing more than an anonymous person with a personal attack agenda.

So far you've not shown any proof of your claims and no examples of you or other customers of mine with a complaint against me, or shown any courage to do more than make these anonymous claims.

How about posting or PMing or emailing me the links to your and the other customers complaints you claim. For over 5 years I have had Google Alerts set for my and my company name and Google (and I) can't find any of my customers complaining.

Hows'bout you simply state who you are and what your equipment problems are and what you and/or I did or didn't do about them?
    How about you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-13-2011, 04:32 PM