Thread: EcoWater system flooding everywhere!

Niki is offline Junior Member

Default EcoWater system flooding everywhere!

Hi,

Have an Ecowater filtration system set up at my home. My problem is this:

for some reason my system is sending water all over the street and flooding everywhere. i called the service techs for ecowater and they insist on sending someone out to do a service call when it could simply be one of my menu settings!

I really dont understand all this "backwash" and "recharge" that the system does or how to change when the system does these things (if anyone could explain). the only options i have for recharge are "automatic" and "schedule", which i don't even see any options to even SET a schedule!

anyway, my service tech is a real jerk. If i weren't locked in with this system i wouldn't even deal with him (Andy in Houston, don't do business with him!!!). Any solutions you may have would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

somedumbname is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Niki
    Hi,

Have an Ecowater filtration system set up at my home. My problem is this:

for some reason my system is sending water all over the street and flooding everywhere. i called the service techs for ecowater and they insist on sending someone out to do a service call when it could simply be one of my menu settings!
    How old is the system? Has any routine maintenance been done?

The solution to a flooding problem will not be a menu setting and there's nothing a tech can do over the phone other than to tell you to bypass the softener.

I really dont understand all this "backwash" and "recharge" that the system does or how to change when the system does these things (if anyone could explain). the only options i have for recharge are "automatic" and "schedule", which i don't even see any options to even SET a schedule!
    Without knowledge and tools there's little you can do.

anyway, my service tech is a real jerk. If i weren't locked in with this system i wouldn't even deal with him (Andy in Houston, don't do business with him!!!). Any solutions you may have would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    Since Ecowater is proprietary unless you can find an independent tech who services Eco and has access to Eco parts you're dependent on your Eco dealer.

Just curious, what makes him a real jerk?

Niki is offline Junior Member

what makes him a jerk you ask?

well he said that it could be a physical problem with the system like broken parts inside (which the system is only a few years old) OR it could be some setting. When i ask him what settings might be causing the problems (which i could easily fix myself), he refuses to tell me and instead tells me he has to send a tech out. The menu system is not that extensive and i feel silly that i can't figure the darn thing out myself, but I know he would know where to look and could simply tell me and yet he's trying to get a service call out of me.

which, if he just would quickly walk me thru which setting might be causing the problem and once adjusted did not solve the problem, then yes, i would pay the almost 200 bucks he wants to charge me to send a guy out there. If i knew it wasn't a setting issue i would pay someone to look at the hardware side of it. but it's silly to pay that much if i can press a couple buttons and presto! you know?

On top of that, as sweet as i was on the phone to him he STILL had an attitude. I hate having to be suck with him period, sigh... anyway...

I can try to bypass the softener somehow for the time being. He could have at least told me THAT over the phone!!! thank you for offering your advice!

somedumbname is offline Junior Member

Repeating myself... the solution to a flooding problem will not be a menu setting.

If you have a conventional install there should be a bypass at the back of the softener. It may look like this...

or like this...

If the system is only a few years old then it should still be under warranty. If the dealer refuses to honor the warranty then go over his/her head to Eco corporate and complain.

If you're determined to avoid the dealer and can't find an independent who services Eco and can get parts then the least aggravating path is to replace the Eco softener with an industry standard softener that lots of people service, parts are available all over the internet, and tech info can be downloaded for free.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

Did you actually buy the system from that dealer, or inherited it when you moved in?

I am having a little hard time understanding that you don't know where it is flooding from. Water leaves a trail. Either it is the brine overflowing or the drain is missing its mark. But it could also be the brine tank has a crack in it. Where the water leaks, is it salty or clear? Is there a heavy white residue left behind after it dries? Is it a constant flow or periodic?
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 09-25-2010 at 05:26 AM.

canam1500@msn.com is offline Junior Member

Let just cut to the chase here on ECO. If it can recharge automatically it has to pump the water out somewhere. Now check where the green hose is pumping into. Now since you stated water is flooding your sidewalk there must be a backed up drain involved. one is working ok and the other is not.