Thread: The EcoPureŽ Automatic Sediment Filter?

laura_carter07@att.net is offline Junior Member

Default The EcoPureŽ Automatic Sediment Filter?

Hi can anyone give me and input on the The EcoPureŽ Automatic Sediment Filter that is self-cleaning. We think it looks to be the best way to go, but we totally open to any other products anyone feel is better.
    Thank you
    Laura

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

A standard 10" filter housing would do much better IMO. Sure, you have to change a filter every now and then, but you can filter down to a MUCH finer micron size than with that filter. Or, just buy a blowdown filter and remember to flush it once in a while. Do you really need the convenience of the auto backwash function? Especially, at the sacrifice of the micron rating when compared to what you could do with a standard setup?! Just throwing that out there. It's your money.

Akpsdvan is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by laura_carter07@att.net
    Hi can anyone give me and input on the The EcoPureŽ Automatic Sediment Filter that is self-cleaning. We think it looks to be the best way to go, but we totally open to any other products anyone feel is better.
    Thank you
    Laura
    What is it that you are looking to remove from the water?
    What kind of water are you looking for after treatment?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

As a stand-alone filter, I would not recommend it for any imaginable water treatment solution except maybe keeping junk out of the toilet or some other not important water usage. These are little more than an expensive spin down filter with a (relatively large mesh size) screen filter to remove visible particles (+- 60 microns).

By the time this becomes "useful" the water is already too dirty to leave as is and additionaly equipment would be required. In fact it is quite hard for me to think of any situation where this could be helpful.

These are sold, typically, at bigbox stores and are aimed at those with little understanding of water conditions and appropriate treatment. Sold by personnel that has little understanding of the product, by a store that neither installs or services it, and a manufacturere that doesn't trust it past one year.

My advice: understand your water conditions first before buying any treatment equipment and remmeber--going cheap can be very costly.

Andy Christensen