Thread: filter isn't filtering

ninrugger is offline Junior Member

Default filter isn't filtering

ok, i'm new to the whole water filter thing. and to be honest, i'm not even using it to filter water...i'm using it to filter beer. but with that being said, i gave it a shot the other day and it failed miserably. the filter i bought is supposed to fit the filter...the standard 10 by 2.5 inch. it was just a cheap 5 micron woven one. i noticed that when i put the filter in and closed up the housing, the filter could still move around when i tipped the housing around. is that supposed to happen? maybe it was seated in there improperly or just simply didn't fit and maybe i got a bad filter. seems to me that if the filter can move around just by tipping the canister when it's closed...there would be plenty of room for the water (beer) to bypass the filter cartridge. could anybody give me some insight?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

It looks like a bad match. Some proprietary products are designed to be used only with corresponding parts. Are there rubber seals at the ends of the filters? Might need to shim it so that is shuts tightly, or replace thr whole thing with a standard filter system.

ninrugger is offline Junior Member

thanks for the response....the housing i have i ordered from you guys...model number 158649.....so it should be a standard housing i think....i'll just have to get a different filter and do a little testing i think. thanks again.