Thread: Kinetico Plus VX Deluxe flow issue

atnorman is offline Junior Member

Default Kinetico Plus VX Deluxe flow issue

Hi - I have a Kinetico Plus VX Deluxe. It was installed by the dealer. Worked fine for a year. Then, shut down due to the filter reaching its 500 gallon limit. I went in to the dealer and bought both filters and followed the instructions in the manual on changing them out. Now, when I flip the tap in my kitchen for the R.O. water from the system, I get a short burst of water at regular pressure. Then, it slows to a drip for a time. Then, it comes back on full for a few seconds. Then, it slows again. Any ideas why this is happening? The only thing that I did was change the filters. I turned the valves off as instructed and let the water drain from the system. I did not mess with the tank or the module clip.

Thanks,

Andy

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

In the process of changing filters, you caused a failure in the tank module. (I've found most often that it happens when home owners change filters on their own and don't fill the prefilter first. Though, sometimes they do and it still happens. Go figure) That's the part on top of the RO tank that has the lines going into it. The module will need to be replaced and the unit sanitized.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

When changing the filter, remove the second line (1/4") next to the 3/8" line on the tank. open water main and let water run out until all air is released, and then reconnect. This way you don't need to fill filter with water. Now that the modulator is stuck open or shut---never figured that one out---it may need a service call.

atnorman is offline Junior Member

Thank you both for the input. In looking back at the instructions, I see that I neglected the part about removing the line as per Andy's suggestion. I will try to right this and if it doesn't work, get a new tank module.

Doug Soares is offline Junior Member

Tip on 1/4" line removal is a big help. I experienced similar symptoms. Replaced the filters just as I have for the five years since the RO was installed. When I turned the system back on, I just got a little trickle like when the filter shuts down. Only solution the dealer offered was a service call$$. Removed new filters and reinstalled, same result. Noticed the PureMometer blue indicator did not return to the full upright position. The little drive shaft in the top of the MACguard filter (blue) that engages the PureMometer was missing. Dealer replaced the defective filter but I'm still out the labor.