Thread: Whole house water filtration system

cyclegirl is offline Junior Member

Default Whole house water filtration system

We are getting ready to install the Kinetico 2060 water system with the SAF-1000-S Injection system, this is going to cost us over $5,100. - We have a well and would like to get rid of the rust stains that appear on our clothes every time we wash. Is this a good system, price and will it work? We also have a problem with maganese (dark water).

pawaterguy is offline Senior Member

explain that injection system. I'm not familiar with it by model number.

It's a Sense-a-flow injection system- Superior water conditioning's, It comes with the Kinetico PK-60 or PK-61.
    Iron came in at 2.0, the sulfer also came in high. It will be installed inside the garage - they want us to get rid of the water softener which is 3 yrs old. We live in Florida and the non-electric system sounds like a good idea.

Still not ringing any bells and I work for a Kinetico dealer. So, they're injecting chlorine to oxidize the iron and filtering from there? An air release for the sulfur maybe? Kinetico is always a great choice as long as the system is sized and designed properly. I won't be much help til I figure out exactly what they're doing there though. Is it chlorine injection? If so, are they removing it again with a carbon unit? If not...what are they injecting? Also, unless they're replacing the softener I wouldn't get rid of it. Just my 2 cents.

OK the Sense a flow is an injection system for chlorine and is made by Superior water (the company selling us the system) it attaches to the Kinetico 2060-s. All together we are getting the 2060-2 and water conditioner that attaches on top of the twin canisters. Then the injection system that adds chlorine to get rid of bacteria (maganese). Sounds like a lot of stuff for only getting rid of the rust in our system.

I'm not a huge fan of injection systems but they'll work as long as you maintain the injection site, pump and all that. Iron such as you have will be hard to deal with without a twin tank system so the Kinetico is the way to go there. As long as the company does this all the time and has success I wouldn't be too worried. It's different than I would handle it but there's more than one way to handle things. Which way to go is mostly a preference and/or pricing for the most part.

Well I want to go with just the Kinetico 2060s and not the injection system, it would then cost approx. $3990, but if we add the injection system and water softner it's $5145. We already have a water softner that's only 3 yrs old and the injection system is only to take care of the maganese. My husband wants the whole thing, but the injection system only has a one year warranty and I'm not happy with that.

what brand of softener do you currently have? If it's a single tank (non-kinetico) one then I'd recommend replacing it due to iron and manganese issues. NO single tank softener is going to serve you as well as the dual tank Kinetico. The Kinetico regenerates (cleans itself out) with treated water from the tank in stand-by. With a single tank unit you'll either have to sacrifice capacity and have it regenerate much more frequently than it would have to in order to keep up with the iron issues OR you'll eventually begin to get iron bleed-through because of the limitations of the single tank design. Mainly, because it cleans itself out with raw, untreated water. Not a great idea when you have iron present. It may take a year, but it will creep through eventually and you'll have issues with it. Did I ask already if they are taking the chlorine out again? It can't/shouldn't get into the softener or it will greatly shorten the life of it. Just curious. Trying to understand what they're doing for you there is all.
    Last edited by pawaterguy; 11-18-2011 at 06:36 PM.