Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cire333

Thread: poison in my water

ecdc is offline Junior Member

Default poison in my water

Hi, I live in Norman, OK. We have arsenic that occurs naturally in our municipal wells and recently our water tested as the highest in the US for hexavalent chromium.
    Will a reverse osmosis filtration system remove these elements? Will either arsenic or hexavalent chromium effect the life of the osmotic membrane?

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

ROs will reduce arsenic but maybe not to acceptable levels. A special arsenic filter can be added to the RO to complete the treatment. http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-AS...Filter-Kit.asp

Andy Christensen

ecdc is offline Junior Member

Does anyone know if hexavalent chromium can be filtered out of the water supply to a home with a whole house reverse osmosis system?

cire333 is offline Junior Member

Default ion exchange

Quote Originally Posted by ecdc View Post
    Does anyone know if hexavalent chromium can be filtered out of the water supply to a home with a whole house reverse osmosis system?
    You probably already have the answer but......
    I think the best way to get hex-chromium out of your water is to use an ion exchange filter. I think the easiest is a water softener. Thats what I use water softener / carbon / ro / di filter and I haven't had any more hex chromium in my water. I pretty much only have water. the contamination level is .1 ppm of anything with no detectable heavy metals.
    Korymcn likes this.