Thread: Pure Magic Oxidation

truckkerjoe is offline Junior Member

Default Pure Magic Oxidation

Hello Can someone please help?I looking into a water softener that will mainly take out Manganese(0.236)Limit=0.05 and some Copper(2.o6)limit=1.3 Iron(0.0100)limit=? PH(7.34) anyway read a lot and ain't sure whats the best thing to do?What is going on is we seeing brownish-black precipitate and staining after sitting in our (plastic) cistern tank,is this a dissolved form ferrous,ferric oxide,organic?water well is 80ft deep.Started looking into PureMagic Electronic Oxidation/Ionization units that claims the copper electrodes changes the chemical forms and will oxidate Manganese?up to 8.0.Anodyne oxygen Process and ozone are known to be effective against water borne pathogen BUT what about Manganese or Copper?Is this Negative ionized atoms application will it work for me?If any write back please text so this dummy understands.Thank-you!!! P.S.This softener is bran new it sat around unused and wasn't sure if i can still buy parts Model# 7000,have all manuals.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

When you say 'you read a lot', do you mean you read a lot about Pure Magic?

A water softener will remove dissolved manganese but not copper.

Are you filling your cistern with well water? It doesn't sound like you want to buy a system that oxidizes manganese because that is already what is happening if that is what you are seeing. If somethihng is in a dissolved form, you can't see it.

Boy, if I saw something marketed as ""Pure Magic" I think I would walk in the other direction. Do you have a website?

truckkerjoe is offline Junior Member

Andy thanks for your reply,ok got the softener removing dissolved manganese and yes well water."pure Magic" is junk but got one real cheap!there oxidization set-up is separate set-up(in-line)that states>when electricity is applied to water ionization occurs,the hydrogen atom now has oniy a proton and no electron,and losing a negative electron and become a positive charged ion????with a copper electron that kills a whole list of Microbiological pathogens.Some say this doesn't work?? Do you think I should use greensand in the softener part for mang.(hard water) and skip the oxidization stuff?