Thread: Questions regarding Kinetico filter cartridge

koopyetz is offline Junior Member

Default Questions regarding Kinetico filter cartridge

Hello forum members:

I ve just had a Kinetico declor system installed . The water supplied to house is city water.

There is a 5 micron 10" pleated filter installed after main tank.

I was informed that the filter is reusable and Im curious how many reuses might occur.

Also, I would like to shop around prices on another filter. Please provide source for filter.

Thank you

Rick

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

If I understand, the water comes into your house and first enters the main carbon tank and then the sediment filter, right? Is there a drain off tap after the tank to bleed out fresh carbon fines? IOWs, can you drain water after the media tank? Is there a softener after the carbon tank, or an RO?

The pleated filter placed after the carbon tank is there to catch the fines when carbon is new. I would let it run for a few days and remove the filter and rinse it out. The filter can be used indefinitely unless the filter material starts to fail. Once a year, remove it and rinse.

Quote Originally Posted by koopyetz View Post
    Hello forum members:

I ve just had a Kinetico declor system installed . The water supplied to house is city water.

There is a 5 micron 10" pleated filter installed after main tank.

I was informed that the filter is reusable and Im curious how many reuses might occur.

Also, I would like to shop around prices on another filter. Please provide source for filter.

Thank you

Rick

koopyetz is offline Junior Member

Thank you Andy