Thread: Rainsoft #aqc75v (gold series) filter?

steve357_tx is offline Junior Member

Default Rainsoft #aqc75v (gold series) filter?

This is a rainsoft whole house system.
    Rainsoft "used" to call and bug me about changing these filters out, and their tune-up service.
    They finally quit.

My problem with it is that it costs lots of money.

Can I get filters for this without going through them, or are they "proprietary items" (only through them)? I am hoping to find something less pricey.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

I rather doubt you find those filters locally. You might be able to locate them on eBay.

Filters need to be changed and Rainsoft likes to set up regular change schedules to develope residual income and make sure thier customers have proper care for their equipment. They are not unique in this regard.

Learn how to change them yourself and order the filters from Rainsoft. What do the fiklters look like? They are for the whole house or drinking water?

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Gary Slusser is offline Banned

If you are talking about an RO or some prefilter... To my knowledge Rainsoft has never used proprietary disposable cartridge filters in any of their equipment.

Take the cartridge out, measure it remember what it looks like and go to Wal-Mart and other big box stores to buy a duplicate. You could take a digital picture of it on your cell phone or camera and take that with you.

If you are talking about a backwashed filter, you can replace the mineral yourself after buying it online or from a local dealer. Or find a local dealer to do it; that will be very difficult though because they will probably tell you that "it's junk, ya need a new one". Those that do that are just dumb but that's life. Next time don't buy national brand proprietary equipment like Kinetico, Culligan, Rain Soft etc... Buy from an independent online dealer and install it your self; it is very simple plumbing. Or hire a plumber.