Thread: Aquasana Rhino EQ-300 Whole House Water Filter???

inputusername is offline Junior Member

Default Aquasana Rhino EQ-300 Whole House Water Filter???

Does anyone have experience with this product? I am considering adding 1 or possibly 2 in parallel as a point-of-entry system to improve the quality of municipal water at our home. The water quality is not terrible currently, but I would like to improve it further especially as we have a young baby.

For anyone interested, here is a link to a recent water quality report put out by the city: http://www.cityofmitchell.org/works/...hell%20web.pdf

The table on the second page lists the test results for two separate sources that can be used in our water supply. One is a man-made lake (listed as "Mitchell Water"), and the other is piped in from the Missouri River (listed as "B-Y Water"). Roughly 99% of our water comes from the "B-Y Water".

Another option appears to be a Pelican PC1000, but I haven't read much about that unit yet.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? Thanks for your help!!!

Gary Slusser is offline Banned

That unit is not a water softener, so if your water is hard, it will still be hard after any number of Pelicans.

inputusername is offline Junior Member

The reason I was considering two EQ-300 units in parallel was to double the flow rate to 14-16 gmp...not to attempt to soften the water. I have considered a water softener as well, but I haven't made any decisions on whether that is needed or not.