Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well Water Help

John J CWS VI CI is offline Junior Member

Gary,

Go to the link I sent and read the FAQ. You can use Pot Perm, Chlorine or any oxidant, but you do need to regenerate with something, either intermittantly or continously. In addition, regeneration is required before placing in-service as the media is not shipped in a regenerated form.

??? Why would anyone regret anyone elses expertise or experience? I learn something on these forums everyday. Everyone of us knows something, no one knows it all. That's why we share.

Weshope,

What I said before about the cabin ... if it only for intermittant usage, you may be satisfied in only removing the bad smell. That's why I would start out simple and see if you can control the odor. From there, you can take the next step. If you use the water for washing clothes, then certainly the iron, hardness and manganese has to go. If you want to drink it, then the RO would be a good idea.
    Sorry if we got off-topic with you.

John

Gary Slusser is offline Banned

After a long discussion of all this yesterday with others not reading what the manufacturer says in FAQs, and although I'm still waiting for another copy of the spec sheet I must have deleted, and I haven't heard of a problem from my one customer just backwashing it. I will stay with my previous statement.

Andy CWS is offline Moderator

John,

I was able to get that info very easily and it was clear and easy to understand.

Thanks for your help.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II
    Last edited by Andy CWS; 12-31-2008 at 03:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12