Cleaning your refrigerator can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are 5 useful tips for refrigerator cleaning.
- Wait until the day before grocery day as this is when there is the least amount of items that need to be moved around. This is a great time to check your inventory before making the shopping trip to see if you really need what is on your list. Also, be sure to shut off your refrigerator before starting the cleanup process.
- Place removable parts in the sink such as racks, shelves and drawers and submerge in warm water and baking soda. While these pieces soak, take a cleaning rag (or toothbrush) with cleansing powder to brackets, gaskets and other hard-to-reach areas. Thoroughly dry all pieces to discourage unwelcome microbial guests.
- Check your refrigerator filters during the cleanup process to see if it is time for them to be replaced. Both your refrigerator water filter and refrigerator air filter should generally be replaced every six months. Check your refrigerator model to see which refrigerator filters are compatible for your brand and browse through our assortment of refrigerator water filters and refrigerator air filters to make your purchase.
- Organize the contents of your refrigerator to make them more accessible and visible. Food that is easily seen and reached is less likely to be overlooked and turn into a future source of odors. Speaking of odors…
- Think ahead and take preventative action against future odors by using the Whirlpool Refrigerator Deodorizer. Eliminating odors is only one of its benefits, as it will also keep your food fresher for a longer period of time. Also, consider purchasing the Whirlpool Freezer Deodorizer and don’t forget to take time to go through your freezer and discard any old or expired food as well.
Clean the exterior of your refrigerator with whatever is appropriate for your refrigerators surface, which will vary depending on the color and finish you have.
IMAGE CREDIT: fisher.osu.edu
Ever hear the phrase “don’t wait until the last minute”? Well it’s true, especially with the holiday’s right around the corner. Last minute gift shopping and last minute runs to the grocery store can cause a big headache. It gets worse when you realize they’re out of what you need. At filtersfast.com we want to make sure that doesn’t happen to you. Here is a list of items you shouldn’t forget to order.
Refrigerator and freezer deodorizers: As the holidays approach and the leftovers pile up, having Whirlpool Refrigerator and Freezer deodorizers will keep a pleasant odor to your refrigerator and freezer while keeping your food fresh for a longer period of time. For best results, use these low cost deodorizers together to ensure that the smell from your refrigerator and freezer stays pleasant.
Air Fresheners: When the guests arrive for the holiday festivities, treat them with a pleasant smell when they walk through the door with Fresh Scents Air Filter Fresheners. They easily attach to any air filter, air conditioner filter and furnace filter providing scented air throughout your entire home. Priced at under $3, these air fresheners come in scents of fresh berries, french vanilla, mountain breeze and much more.
Range and Hood filters: Like most, you or someone you know will be doing a lot of cooking for the upcoming holiday season. Before you begin the holiday cooking however, make sure your microwave oven and range hood filters are replaced. These filters reduce smoke, grease and re-circulate filtered air back into the kitchen. From now until Thanksgiving, you can get an additional 5% off on all American Metal Filter Company range and hood filters that we offer. View our blog for more details.
Don’t wait until the last minute to order this holiday season. Place your order today and have your item delivered straight to your door.