According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), The definition of indoor air quality is the quality of the air in a home, school, office, or other building environments.
We hear all the time about pollution and outdoor air quality, but there is very little emphasis on indoor air quality, which for most people is where the majority of their time is spent.
Why is your indoor air quality so important? Here’s what the EPA says about the importance of indoor air quality.
- Americans, on average, spend approximately 90% of their time indoors, where the concentrations of some pollutants are often 2 to 5 times higher than typical outdoor concentrations.
- People who are often most susceptible to the adverse effects of pollution (e.g., you children, older adults, people with cardiovascular or respiratory disease) tend to spend even more time indoors.
- Indoor concentrations of some pollutants have increased in recent decades due to such factors as energy-efficient building construction (when it lacks sufficient mechanical ventilation to ensure adequate air exchange) and increased use of synthetic building materials, furnishings, personal care products, pesticides, and household cleaners.
In summary, your indoor air quality is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT when it comes to your health and your family’s health.
What can you do to help improve your indoor air quality?
- Change your air filter every 1-3 months
- Go through your household cleaning products and throw out ones that have harmful chemicals in them (here’s a resource we found about toxins lurking in your cleaning products: https://experiencelife.com/article/8-hidden-toxins-whats-lurking-in-your-cleaning-products/)
- Keep tabs on your indoor air quality with Awair
What is Awair?
Awair is designed with sensors that are tested to accurately identify the five key factors of indoor air quality. Each sensor is strategically placed to ensure optimal airflow and consistent readings. It utilizes Bluetooth technology and Wi-fi to send you updates with the most up-to-date information about the state of your home’s air directly to your smartphone. It also offers various preference modes in order to create an environment that can help you sleep better, control your allergies, increase productivity and improve your health. But that’s not all, Awair is location-based, and can use the ambient and geographic information to help customize and personalize your recommendations.
So, you’re probably imagining some gigantic device that will take up tons of room and stick out like a sore thumb. Right? Wrong.
Awair offers beautifully designed devices that will pair seamlessly with any décor and go virtually unnoticed.
Awair Air Quality Sensor 2nd Edition
Take the guesswork out of the air you and your family are breathing inside your home. This state-of-the-art air quality sensor detects any kind of harmful toxins in your home and will immediately provide recommendations to keep the air safe and clean.
It not only tracks humidity and temperature inside your home, but it can also alert you if there are any dangerous CO2, chemicals (VOCs) and dust. By downloading the Awair app on your smartphone, you can even keep tabs on the air inside your home when you are not there. This amazing app breaks down into percentages the temperature, humidity, the parts per million of CO2, the parts per billion of chemicals and the amount of dust in the air. The Awair also connects to other smart devices including the Nest, IFTT the Amazon echo and more.
In collaboration with the Mayo Clinic, the Awair app also gives you personalized recommendations that are proven to improve air quality. No bigger than a breadbox, this unassuming device displays real-time air quality with an easy-to-read LED display and is encased in 100% natural American Walnut timber, making it an immediate conversation piece.
Take control of the air you breathe inside your home. Just plug it into your wall, connect it to the Internet with your computer, and the Awair Glow goes to work immediately by tracking any toxins, chemicals, and CO2 that could possibly be in the air you breathe.
The Awair Glow can control the power of your non-smart appliances (dehumidifiers, fans, humidifiers, air conditioners, portable heaters) and more if your air quality diminishes. Download the Awair app to your smartphone device, and the Glow will keep tabs on the air quality inside of your home and alert you in case of any interruptions.
Similar to the size and shape of a night light, the Awair Glow is designed with an air quality status beacon that is embedded in a wood panel atop the device. A green light indicates good air quality, while yellow bars mean the air is fair, and a red light indicates poor air quality. In collaboration with the Mayo Clinic, the Awair app will give you personalized recommendations that are proven to improve air quality. Let the Awair Glow guide you and your family to better, breathable air.
If you’re interested in improving the air quality and being in the know about what’s going on in your home, then Awair is the way to go. Right now, the Awair Air Quality Sensor is currently Sold Out on the Awair website, but lucky for you, we’ve got some in stock! Don’t wait, be more Awair about your air TODAY!