Like HM Digital's FM-1 Water Filter Monitor, the FM-2 Filter Monitor with Volumizer is a five-stage water filter monitor that uses five independent timers to let you know when to change your filters. It differs from the FM-1, however, in that it has a volumizer that will also measure the volume of water that passes through your filters -- it is therefore more accurate the the HM Digital FM-1, which uses a timer.
The timers begin when the water is turned on and count down in months or days. The percentage of time elapsed on a filter will be represented on the LED Faucet Indicator, which will illuminate a green, yellow or red light. In addition, you can measure in gallons or liters the amount of water that has passed through the filter.
You can also program set points and alarms to let you know when it is time to swap your water filter for a new one. The FM2 Filter Monitor uses two AA batteries (included), but will shut off automatically after five minutes to conserve battery power.
HM Digital FM2 Water Filter Monitor Specifications:
- Timer Range: 0-999 days/months
- Timer Modes: Days or months (default is months)
- Volume Range: 0-99999 Gallons / Liters
- Volume Modes: Gallons (default) or Liters
- Volume Accuracy: +/-1% (at typical pressure)
- Settings: One alert per stage, up to five stages
- Default Setting: 12 months
- Batteries: 2 x AA (included)
- Battery Life: approx. 18 months
- Base Unit Dimensions: 4" x 2.5" x 0.9"
- Flow Sensor Cable Length: 36.6"
- Flow Sensor Fitting Size: 1/4" Quick Connect
- LED Faucet Indicator Disc: Works with any non-air gap filter faucet
- LED Faucet Indicator Disc Cable Length: 36.25"
- LED Faucet Indicator Disc Dimensions: 1 1/4" dia., 5/16" high