The Katadyn MyBottle Water Microfilter in the White Splash color (8017758) is a multi-purpose advanced personal water bottle filtration system. The MyBottle is the only personal water bottle purification system on the entire water filter market that is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
To use this water bottle purifier all you have to do is fill the bottle with the water you want purified, insert the specially-designed Katadyn purification system, and drink from virtually any fresh water source. Using the Katadyn MyBottle Microfilter Cartridge (8014523), this personal water bottle filter removes all bacteria, cysts, and other impurities from nearly all freshwater sources. The integral carbon cartridge also reduces chemicals and makes the filtered water taste better.
Katadyn MyBottle personal water bottle purifiers are for use with untreated fresh water sources such as lakes, ponds, springs, rivers, streams, and so on. They also provide protection against most waterborne pathogens that could still be present in the drinking water of many foreign nations. The MyBottle is great for use in emergencies and natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc., or when the water service from your local water treatment plant is interrupted.
With the use of Katadyn MyBottle personal water filters, you will no longer have to carry or locate safe drinking water when hiking, traveling, fishing, boating, camping, or during emergencies. Katadyn MyBottles are the only water bottle purifiers on the market that includes the technology of a microbial purification filter cartridge in a standard water bottle.
Katadyn MyBottle Water Purifier (White Splash Color) Specifications:
- Height: 10"
- Weight: 8 ounces (unfilled)
- Bottle Capacity: 24 ounces after cartridge displacement
- Cartridge Capacity: up to 26 gallons (100 liters) depending on specific water quality
- Filter Media: Katadyn MyBottle Microfilter Replacement Cartridge (8014523) - 0.3 micron pleated glassfiber microfilter with granular activated carbon (GAC)
According to U.S. EPA microbiological water purifier testing, the included Katadyn MyBottle Microfilter purification cartridge removed the following contaminants:
- 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria such as Klebsiella terrigena
- 99.9% of waterborne protozoa such as Giardia
- Other impurities and contaminants, as well as bad tastes and odors
- NOTE: this particular model will not remove viruses unless you choose to use the Katadyn Virustat filter cartridge (8011555) instead of the included Katadyn microfilter cartridge
Katadyn MyBottle personal water bottle purifiers provide a convenient alternative to larger pump-style water purifiers. Because they are designed for personal small-scale water filtration, MyBottle systems are not for use in situations where large volumes of water must be treated.
Each Katadyn MyBottle also includes a drinking straw to use as your everyday water bottle if the source water is already safe to drink.
Full detailed instructions for the initial set-up and use of this Katadyn MyBottle personal water purifier are included. This Katadyn MyBottle is also known by part number 8017758.