Pentek FloPlus-10BB - 10" Big Blue Carbon Filter
The Pentek FloPlus-10BB is a 10" inch Big Blue carbon block water filter for use in many water filter systems, especially under sink filter systems, reverse osmosis systems, and certain whole house filter systems. The Pentek FloPlus10BB is a large diameter filter (4 1/2" diameter) that maintains a relatively high flow rate despite its very low 0.5 micron rating. The Pentek FloPlus10BB is made specifically for applications where a low pressure drop combined with depth filtration is needed. Able to withstand a maximum temperature of up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, it can also be used in high temperature applications.
This advanced Pentek water filter replacement cartridge is specifically made to reduce the bad taste and odor of chlorine and other chemicals in water. It is a dual purpose water filter cartridge in that it also removes and reduces sediment, dirt, rust, sand, silt, limescale, and other common particulates. Additionally, the FloPlus10BB removes 99.95% of harmful cysts such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
Pentek FLOPLUS-10BB Carbon Filter Replacement Specifications:
- Connection: Drop in
- Temp. Range: 40 - 180 F
- Initial Pressure Drop: 4 PSI
- Micron Rating: 0.5 micron nominal
- Filter Media: Modified molded carbon block
- Dimensions: 9 3/4" length x 4 5/8" diameter
- Gallons Per Minute: About 2-3 GPM flow rate depending on specific filter system
- Filter Life: About 6 months or 25,000 gallons depending on usage and local water quality
- NOTE: after installation this cartridge should be flushed for about five minutes in order to remove remaining carbon fines
This Pentek FloPlus 10 Big Blue water filter is also known by Pentek part number 455905-43 / 45590543. This filter has been tested and certified by NSF International to NSF / ANSI Standard 53 for the reduction of cysts. More technical information about Pentek FloPlus Series filters can be found here.
Pentek FloPlus-10BB - 10" Big Blue Carbon Filter Product Reviews :
Write a review