The UC10W1 Honeywell UV Bulb Replacement is a 10 watt UV lamp used in the Honeywell True UV Coil Treatment System (Honeywell UV100RM1). The Honeywell UC10W1 emits germicidal UV-C light, which is the same ultraviolet light hospitals, pharmacies, labs and kitchens use to sterilize mold spores and bacteria and prevent viruses from reproducing.
When used in the Honeywell UV100RM True UV System, this Honeywell UV lamp kills up to 99% of mold on cooling coils, thus preventing mildew or mold from forming on the coils or drain pan. In addition to being harmful to your health, this mold and mildew can also render your HVAC system less efficient and circulate offensive odors through your home.
Honeywell ultraviolet lamps are ozone free and should be replaced yearly. Replacement UV lamps are easily changed using the SnapLamp feature, which allows you to detach your ultraviolet bulb from the handle. Please note that the Honeywell UC10W1 contains only the replacement UV lamp, and does not include the SnapLamp handle pictured above.
With UV, virus and flu carrying particles can be rendered sterile -- thus disabling the virus or bacteria from reproducing. Since most viruses infect people by reproducing, ultraviolet air treatment is one of the best ways to neutralize them. Honeywell UV bulbs are one of the best ways to disinfect your air, but UV air filtration is even more effective when paired with a high efficiency MERV 13 air filter.