The Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43 Pleated Sediment Water Filter Cartridge is a whole home water filter that reduces extra-fine sand, dirt, silt, rust, and scale particles. The construction of this pleated water filter provides a excellent dirt-holding capacity while maintaining a high flow rate. This Pentek water filter also provides higher wet strength than regular cellulose cartridges. This 5 micron water filter contains more media surface area than most competitive cartridges. The standard 10 inch ECP cartridges contain six square feet of media, where most cartridges contain only 4.5 square feet. This replacement water filter cartridge fits Culligan HD-950 filter housing and should be replaced every four months.
- Brand: Pentek
- Part Number(s): ECP5-BB, 255490-43
- Replaces Part Number: W5CPHD
- Pack Size: 1
- Filter Life: 16,000 Gallons
- Micron Rating: 5
- Flow Rate: 20 GPM
- Temp. Rating: 40 - 125 ° F
- Dimensions: 4 1/2" x 9 3/4"
How do you install the Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43?
- Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present).
- Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside.
- Discard used Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43 filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly.
- Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove.
- NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove.
- Insert new Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43 filter cartridge.
- Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge.
- Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation.
How often should you replace the Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43?
- Changing your Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43 is a very quick and easy process that should be done once every six months.
What contaminants does the Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43 reduce?
The Pentek ECP5-BB, 255490-43 reduces the following contaminants:
The Pentek ECP5-BB is the correct replacement for the following part numbers:
It’s a quality built filter with rubber washers on top and bottom of the filter. This way very little water if any can bypass the filter. Cheaper filters don’t have the rubber washers. Also they don’t as much filter Media as the PENTEX ECP5-BB. You get what you pay for.Collected by Trustpilot.com
The Water filters came quickly. Was exactly what I ordered. Would buy from them again. Here is a photo of my water filter system with the water filter mounted to the wall.Collected by Trustpilot.com
Just like the originalCollected by Trustpilot.com
Cost is less than when purchased locally. Same product… I was very pleased with the service I received and items arrived in a timely manner.Collected by Trustpilot.com
This filter gives us the fresh clear water we need throughout the whole house. I'm very satisfiedCollected by Trustpilot.com
Please provide your e-mail address below to receive a notification when this product becomes available:X
Thanks! We'll send you a notification when this product is available!