Top Reverse Osmosis systems
Reverse Osmosis Water Filters Profile:
Reverse Osmosis is one of the safest ways to improve the quality of your drinking water. Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Systems will remove all dissolved solids present in you water including beneficial minerals.
Reverse Osmosis Filters
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Systems usually have the same basic components.
Different Types of RO Filter Configurations
- Quick-change Filter Cartridges
- Drop-in Filter Cartridges
- Standard Filter Cartridges
Types of RO Filters
Reverse Osmosis pre-filters are responsible for capturing larger contaminants like sediment and chlorine. The type and number of pre-filters you need will depend on the type of membrane you have.
The two most common types of RO pre-filters are:
- Sediment Pre-filter: Removes dirt, sand, and sediment.
- Carbon Pre-filter: Removes chlorine.
Pre-filters are essential because they help extend the life of the membrane.
The most important component of a reverse osmosis system is the membrane. Reverse Osmosis membranes are designed with pores small enough to pass pure water through and rejects larger molecules like dissolved salts (ions) and other impurities like bacteria.
The RO membrane is responsible for removing majority of dissolved solids.
Residential RO membranes generally come in two different types of spiral wound configurations:
- Cellulose triacetate (CTA): For chlorinated water sources
- Thin Film Composite/Thin Film Material (TFC/TFM): For non-chlorinated water sources
The post-filter removes any remaining tastes and/or odors from that water making it safe to drink.
What types of contaminants do Reverse Osmosis Water Filter reduce?
Reverse Osmosis Water Filters that have been rated and certified NSF/ANSI 58 will reduce the following contaminants:
- TDS (total dissolved solids) reduction
- Cyst reduction
- Hexavalent and trivalent chromium reduction
- Arsenic reduction
- Nitrate/nitrite reduction
- Cadmium reduction
- Lead reduction
- Barium reduction
- Turbidity reduction
- Fluoride reduction
- Copper reduction
- VOC reduction
- Asbestos reduction
- Perchlorate reduction
- Radium 226/228 reduction
- Selenium reduction
- Pentavalent arsenic reduction