Filters Fast® FFSTRAW Water Filtration Straw
Sip only the healthiest water with the Filters Fast® FFSTRAW Water Filtration Straw. This personal filter straw can be used with the included filter bag, as bag-to-bottle filtration, with water bottles, or as a straw on its own. It is easy to use and easy to clean, and it should only be used with fresh water. Filtering up to 2,000 gallons of water efficiently, this straw uses carbon media to remove 99.99% of protozoa and 99.9999% of bacteria. Make a healthy choice for yourself, for a friend, or for a family member with this incredible straw!
Note: The Filters Fast® FFSTRAW is an individual water filtration device. It can be only used to filter water. If the product is used beyond its normal service environment, we cannot guarantee the quality of filtered water. In order to prevent the damage of the filter, avoid dropping or banging it in any way. Do not expose the filter straw to or submerge in polluted water as doing so will contaminate the filter straw membrane. When not in use, keep the mouthpiece of the filter straw capped. If there is obvious damage to the filter straw, stop using it at once.
- Brand: Filters Fast®
- Part Number: FFSTRAW
- Pack Size: 1
- Filtration Technology: Hollow Fiber Ultra-filtration
- Service life: 2,000 gallons water
- Removes 99.9999% of bacteria (e.g. Escherichia coli, Vibrio cholerae and Salmonella typhi)
- Removes 99.99% of protozoa (e.g. Giardia intestinalis, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- Filter Pore Size: 0.1 Microns
- Weight: 3.2 oz.
- (1) Filtration Straw
- (1) 8oz Water Pouch
How to Use:
- Upon first use or anytime the filter is dry, uncap both ends and stand it up in safe water (keeping mouthpiece out of water and dry) for 10 seconds to allow water to prime the filter. This will help the internal ultra-filtration membrane get wet and water can be more easily filtered.
- To use as a straw alone: Once the straw is primed as described above, insert straw directly into water and sip through.
- To use with included filter bag: Once the straw is primed as described above, install included water bag filled with water on the inlet of the filter straw.
- For use as bag to bottle filtration: Install included water bag filled with water on the inlet of the filter straw and a water bottle with thread diameter of 2.75 cm/27.5 mm on the outlet.
- To use with water bottles: Once the straw is primed as described above, install a water bottle with thread diameter of 2.75 cm/27.5 mm on the inlet of the filter straw.
How to Clean:
- After use, blow air through the mouthpiece or drain the filter straw by shaking excess water out. Remove the mouthpiece and flush it with clean water. The included water bag or a bottle with thread diameter of 2.75 cm/27.5 mm can be filled with clean water for back-washing the filter straw. Cap the filter straw tightly after it is dried for storage.
- Note: Do not use chemicals to clean the filter straw. Doing so can impact the service life of the carbon fiber filter element.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: I have used it only once and it no longer works, why?
- A: If the filter straw is not cleaned properly after use, the filter element can become blocked. It should be repeatedly back-washed to remove impurities on the surface of the ultra-filtration membrane.
- Q: Why is there peculiar smell in second use or beyond?
- A: After use, residue can be left in the filter element. Please back-wash the filter straw to remove impurities on the surface of the filtration membrane. Each time before using, the water filter straw should be back-washed.
- Q: Can I use this filter straw to filter saline water?
- A: No, the filter straw can be used to filter fresh water only.
- Q: What kind of bottle can be used with the filter straw?
- A: The filter straw can be paired with any bottle with a thread diameter of 2.75 cm/27.5 mm in design.
Please provide your e-mail address below to receive a notification when this product becomes available:X
Thanks! We'll send you a notification when this product is available!