Filters Fast® Replacement for Pentek DGD-5005-20 Polypropylene Water Filter Cartridge
You Save: 23%
Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 Polypropylene Water Filter Cartridge
You Save: 24%
The Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 Polypropylene Water Filter Cartridge works as both a pre-filter and post-filter, which eliminates the need for step-down filtration systems in your home. The outer layer of the DGD-5005-20 is a 50-micron pre-filter that takes out larger sediments, and reduces the heavy-lifting for the 5-micron inner-layer post-filter. Additionally, the DGD-5005-20's pure polypropylene construction makes the water filter resistant to chemicals and corrosion.
- Brand: Pentek
- Part Number: DGD-5005-20 (155358-43)
- Pack Size: 1
- Capacity: 8,000 Gallons
- Flow Rate: 20 GPM @ < 1 psi
- Micron Rating: 50 micron pre-filter/5 micron post-filter
- Dimensions: 4 1/2" x 20"
- Temp. range: 40 - 145° F
- View the DGD-5005-20 product manual
How do you install the Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43?
- Prepare a a bucket with clean soapy water ahead of time because once you open the filter housing, you probably won't have access to water until you're finished.
- Turn your water supply off. You probably have a shutoff on the supply line located before the filter. If not, go to the hydro panel and turn the pump off.
- Relieve the water pressure on the lines before you unscrew the housing that holds the Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 water filter. You can turn a faucet on inside the house to relieve pressure and let the water run until it stops. Then, shut off the water after the filter housing to keep the water from the house from draining back.
- Place a bucket under the filter housing. If the housing has a relief button push that to make sure all the pressure is gone. Unscrew the housing and take it off.
- Remove the old Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 filter and clean the inside of the housing with soapy water and towels to remove any built-up debris. Unwrap and put the new Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 filter in the housing and screw the housing back in place, slightly more than hand tight.
- Turn the faucet off that you had running to relieve pressure. Turn the main water supply back on, slowly. Check for leaks around the cartridge housing.
- Flush the new Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 filter with at least 3 or 4 gallons of water or until the water flowing after the filter is clear.
How often should you replace the Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43?
- Changing your Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 is a very quick and easy process that should be done once every 8,000 gallons.
What contaminants does the Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 reduce?
The Pentek DGD-5005-20, 155358-43 reduces the following contaminants:
- Rust Particles
Once again, way too much information. If you would pay me to do this I would go ahead and spend my time advertising your product.Collected by Trustpilot.com
Does a great job.Collected by Trustpilot.com
No problem at all. Product is great.Collected by Trustpilot.com
Could not find a better filter for the money!Collected by Trustpilot.com
Dependable service and fast deliveryCollected by FiltersFast.com
We have dealt with Filters Fast for Many years and the price is economical, delivery on time, and working with the office staff very satisfactory.Collected by FiltersFast.com
Good tasting water and they last at least 3 months.Collected by FiltersFast.com
The Penek DGD-5005-20 is probably the best filter out on the market for well water applications where there is a relatively low sand content present in the well.Collected by FiltersFast.com
Please provide your e-mail address below to receive a notification when this product becomes available:X
Thanks! We'll send you a notification when this product is available!