Watersafe All-In-One Drinking Water Test Kit 12-Pack
The Watersafe All-In-One WS-425Bsafe test kit contains everything you will need to find out simply and accurately if your water contains unsafe or undesirable levels of one or more of 8 common contaminants (Note: The Watersafe WS-425B test kit is for city water only). Follow instructions carefully and compare results to the desired values below. Drinking water which tests outside the desired values may be dangerous to your health.
Water Test Desired Value
EPA maximum contaminant levels or guideline standards
- Total Nitrate/Nitrite
- Total Chlorine
- Total Hardness
- Below 15 ppb
- Below 3ppb (atrazine), Below 4ppb (simazine)
- Below 1.0 ppm
- Below 10.0 ppm
- Below 4 ppm, pH 6.5 to 8.5
- 50 ppm or less
Before you begin...
1. Keep tests out of reach of children and pets. Do not ingest anything from this test kit. Do not drink water sample used for testing.
Store and use at room temperature (60-86 F)
2. Do not open packets or a vial until you are ready to perform the tests.
3. Do not use on hot water or water containing bleach detergents.
4. Do not re-use any part of the test kit.
5. Read and follow all instructions carefully.
Bacteria Test Instructions
1. Take out the bacteria Test vial and set upright on a flat surface.
2. Collect water sample or turn on tap to a very slow stream.
3. Carefully twist off cap and fill vial to 1/2 inch below the top (to 5 ml line). DO NOT OVERFILL and DO NOT SPILL the bacterial growth powder in the vial.
4. Replace cap and twist on tightly. Shake the vial vigorously for 20 seconds.
5. Place the capped vial upright in a warm area (70-90 F) where it cannot be disturbed for 48 hrs.
6. After 48 hrs., observe the color of the liquid without opening the vial.
|Purple Color: Negative Result (No bacteria detected)|
|Yellow Color: Positive Result (It is highly likely that potentially harmful bacteria was detected.|
7. For positive results, add bleach to the sample before pouring down the toilet, then wash hands carefully. Negative samples may be poured directly into the toilet. Discard vial in the trash.
Lead / Pesticide Test Instructions
The Watersafe® Lead Test can detect dissolved lead atlevels at below the EPA Action level of 15 parts per billion (ppb). The Watersafe® Pesticide Test detects two of the most common pesticides used in the US at or below the EPA Maximum Contaminant Level (altrazine-3 ppb, and simazine- 4ppb).
1. Open Lead / Pesticide packet and take out contents. The packet contains a test vial, a dropper pipette, two Watersafe® test strips, and a desiccant (to be discarded).
2. Using dropper, Place water sample into test vial. To pick up the sample, tightly squeeze the bulb at the end of the dropper and place the open end into the water sample. Release the bulb to pick up the sample, then squeeze again to expel the sample into the vial. Use only ONE dropper full of water!
3. Swirl vial gently for several seconds. Place on a flat surface
4. Place both test strips into the test vial, with arrows pointing DOWN.
5. Wait 10 minutes. DO not disturb strips or vial during this time. Blue lines will appear on the strips.
6. Take the strips out of the vial and read results.
Negative: Bottom line(next to number 1) is darker then the top line (next to number 2) If you only see one line next to number 1, the test is negative.
|If you only see one line next to number 1, the test is negative.|
Positive: Top line (next to number 2) is darker then bottom line(next to number 1), or lines are equally dark.
7. Note: If no lines appear, or both lines are very light, the test did not run properly and the result is not valid. If a test strip shows a positive result, your water sample may contain lead or pesticides at a toxic level.
Nitrate / Nitrite Test Instructions
1.Carefully open Nitrate / Nitrite Test packet and take out test strip
2. Immerse the regent pads into water sample for 2 seconds, remove, after one minute match colors with the chart below.
3. Colors are stable for 1 minute.
Total Nitrate/Nitrite (end pad)
Nitrite (pad nearest handle)
1. Carefully open pH/ Hardness/ Chlorine Test packet and take out test strip.
2. Immerse the regent pads into the water sample and remove immediately. Hold the strip level for 15 seconds.
3. Match pH, Hardness and Total Chlorine Pads (in that order) to the color chart below.
pH (end pad)
LR Total Hardness (middle pad)
Total Chlorine (pad nearest handle)
Please note that Watersafe is a screening test and cannot be used to certify water as safe or unsafe for drinking. Watersafe provides approximate results ONLY when used in strct accordance with instructions. Silver Lake Research Corporation expressly disclaims any liability resulting form the use of this product, Failure to follow instruction, or reliance of test results.
Price is for a 12-Pack of replacements
Watersafe All-In-One Drinking Water Test Kit 12-Pack Product Reviews :Write a review
- Not reviewed yet
Auto Delivery from Filtersfast.com
Never forget to change your filters. Save 5% today and on all your future orders & we'll deliver them automatically!
Here's how it works:
- Save 5% today and on all your future orders
- Enjoy the convenience of not having to reorder
- Cancel or modify your orders anytime
- Select a delivery schedule that works for you
- Pay as you go